Austin, texas

Firm History

The firm was founded in 1951 by Elmer Patman, who was then affiliated with The Superior Oil Company. Mr. Patman started his career as a hearing examiner at the Railroad Commission in the late 1930’s, and his practice focused on that agency. In 1968, he was joined in partnership by his son Philip F. Patman, and the two of them practiced together until Elmer’s death in 1987. The firm’s name was changed to Patman & Osborn in 1993 and would remain so until Philip Patman’s death in 2005. Ana Maria Marsland joined the firm in 2001. Rob Hargrove joined the firm in 2014.